Author Topic: Video recordings of LibertySeeds?  (Read 6610 times)

ITB

• LS Story Teller
  • AS MI SC
Video recordings of LibertySeeds?
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »
I think it would be great to start doing some recordings of these events.  In the vein of improving ourselves and cross-pollination, I'd love to see the history done by others that I otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to meet/see in person.  I'm always on the lookout for ideas to improve my storytelling.

We recorded one of the first LibSeeds I did with Mac and Superheat.  It was also useful for feedback to adjust/improve my style. 

Thoughts?

Pain Killer

• Administrator
Re: Video recordings of LibertySeeds?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
I agree with this 100%. Just not sure about the execution of this. We would want high quality videos to represent us to the public. Internal videos could be lesser quality I suppose. I will touch base with our be Marketing and Promotions guy.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

asminuteman

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:25:24 PM »
Thee first Alaska Library seed was video taped.....
It was a medium sized church..... full house

Eric should have thee tape...

Bob210 introduction /1st strike
Camljr 2nd ?
Itansks 3rd / PLUS segway to First person DOM's and Ladys as Occuring on battle road, then returning to story

Savagershooter Mother Bathrick / 1st person
Laylopro Hezkiah Wyman / 1st person
Pete David Lamson 1st person (Colonial attire from head to toe )
asminuteman Samuel Whittimore 1st person (full Colonial attire / complete items)
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine
I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past.~ Thomas Paine

asminuteman

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:31:28 PM »
I found photos from thee event, *sigh* alas, this system (seed site) will not allow my to post pixie paintings ...... as before. black magic
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine
I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past.~ Thomas Paine

Mac66

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:30:26 AM »
I tend to overdo the production value thing for my libseeds which is a lot of effort and mostly a one man show. Video is one more d*&% thing to haul around and set up, review etc. 

I know I could just set up a camera and let it run but so far the results haven't been good.  The sound without a remote mic sucks and I've run out of battery and/or recording space or someone bumps the camera and I get nothing but floor, wall or ceiling.

I have a libseed this week and have a couple people coming to help. Maybe I'll try and record it if I can get one of those people to run the camera.

ATM

• Public
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 05:12:36 AM »
I was about to start a new thread, but this one seems to be on topic.

The LibertySeed at the Indianapolis War Memorial presented by yellowhousejake was recorded in its entirety by Bartlett Productions and they produced a top-notch video which can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k6zq_Y_IzA

Beyond its obvious internal value as a reference for storytellers, I'd love to hear discussion on how best to use this extremely professional product (or portions thereof) for promotions and beyond.

yhj gave an amazing 90 minute version of a LibertySeed to a crowd of 130ish at an ideal historic venue. Even if you were there, watch it again.

Those in positions to suggest and guide its usage as an external tool, please discuss and let's figure out the best way to get this or something similar out there in the public view.

ATM

• Public
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »
...Those in positions to suggest and guide its usage as an external tool, please discuss and let's figure out the best way to get this or something similar out there in the public view.

I'm guessing that nobody in a position to suggest and guide its usage has seen this?

It's shown up in a couple places over on the AS forum but, apart from some admiration and kudos, no further discussion on actually using it ensued.

Any thoughts from those who aren't in a position to OK further distribution of this vid?

Pain Killer

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
I love it and I am in a position to get it out there. I would like some suggestions on Marketing. If the Poet doesn't respond to this directly, I'll email it to him. Fred wants us to contact the Producers of this video to potentially hire them for further projects

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison