Author Topic: Present Yourself and be Recognized  (Read 20610 times)

Pain Killer

• Administrator
Present Yourself and be Recognized
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »
This is a place to introduce yourself and your ideals on Liberty. This is not a place for political discussions or to vent about the government.

Thank You
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Josey Wales

• LS State Coord.
Re: Present Yourself and be Recognized
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
..Pain Killer..  Hello my name is Josey Wales and I like the book "Lexington and Concord" by Arthur Tourtellot.  I like the fact that the book proves historically that the Preachers of Christianity in America during the period of Lightism were teaching a new common sense approch to studying the Bible.  These Preachers who came from the school of Harvard had a direct impact on the building of "Men that knew what they were about."  This is no coincidence to the resilience and determination of a just and rightous people who fought in the Revolution and then formed our prefect union.  God Bless them and all that follow in their footsteps with Liberty's intent.

....Strength & Honor...........Josey Wales.............

42769vette

• LS Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:03:13 PM »
My name is Alan.  I've hosted a couple awesome Appleseed's on my farm here in Indiana, and I set up a Libertyseed here in my home town at a local church for October 16th.  My end goal is to get the community familiar with the program, and slowly work it into more public venues like the high school.  I didn't know the Liberty seed had its own forum, until Pain Killer sent me a message.  Hopefully Ill be able to sponge some info from you folks to help plan/promote the events.

If your near Richmond Indiana, or Oxford Ohio put the 16th on your calender.

FFJim

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »
Hello All!

I am Jim from Maryland. I am actively involved in Project Appleseed and look to expand my opportunities here.

Jim P.

Corvette

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
Steve Branam, Ohio Shoot Boss located near Columbus reporting for duty. 

Corvette

Three'oEight

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
My name is Dwight and I'm an IIT2, having recently shot Rifleman in September. My "April 19" library has been growing steadily over the last year. I just completed Lion of Liberty by Harlow Giles Unger and I'm currently reading Lexington and Concord by Arthur B. Tourtellot and a little book called The Lexington-Concord Battle Road published by the Concord Chamber of Commerce with an hour-by-hour synopsis of April 19. I'm currently looking into creating displays that can go in a library or other community center, hopefully to coincide with a Liberty Seed at that location in April. I have a lot of brushing up on the 3 strikes first. I'm also putting together period garb for story-telling and promo next year. Trying my hand at the fife, but it's harder to play than I thought it would be. I'll have to keep practicing when there's nobody home.

Surveyor1653

• LS Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 08:33:53 PM »
Michael (IIT2 at present) checking in from Oklahoma. I'm happy to be a part of this program.

MommyVoice

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:29 PM »
Adena, dSB and State Coordinator for South Carolina.  Here to help grow the Homeschooling community.

Twineagles

• LS State Coord.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »
Mike Murray from Iowa.
I am the state coordinator for both Libertyseed and Appleseed. The part that really stuck with me when I attended my first Appleseed were the stories. I went to learn to improve my marksmanship but the heritage kept me around.

My goal for next year is at least 6 LS I personally deliver. I will also be challenging my SB and Instructor core to perform too.

Pain Killer

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »
Those ar some excellent goals! Anything we can do to help, make sure to post on this forum!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Gugisman

• LS Volunteer
  • Stay alert, stay focused, stay hydrated...
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
Eric Inman (Gugisman) checking in...

As an IIT3, I'm working to learn the history well enough to be able to tell the stories, and to be able to add more content as needed. I have not publicly presented any of the stories yet.

An immediate goal is to locally promote AS and/or LS to Trail Life USA. This is the new boys outdoor Christian organization that is growing and spreading across the nation. As our country continues to move "forward" in its progression away from, and in direct conflict to, Christianity - organizations like Trail Life USA will arise from the muck. Trail Life USA sprung up after the May 2013 decision by the BSA to admit openly homosexual boys. That was the final straw. Trail Life USA is fully operational with uniforms, handbooks, national support, and... the ability to transfer all BSA advancement! Check it out here: http://www.traillifeusa.com/who-we-are/

Our church, Denton Bible Church, TX, has suspended its association with the BSA. We have chartered a Trail Life USA troop - and I have committed to be a troop leader.

Trail Life USA is a mission field for AS and/or LS!
"The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty. The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament."

mac3746

• LS Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »
Don McAllister, Iowa:  Been with Appleseed 4-5 years now, IIT2.  Have the first(I believe)dedicated Appleseed Range in Iowa, have hosted close to twenty events, hosted the IBC last summer in Farragut at my Wife's(she  is a Blue Hat) Building, "FREEDOM CORNER", a meeting and heritage center. Looking forward to a another great year.

If not me, who? If not today, when?

Pain Killer

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »
Welcome! Do not be afraid to add content. Thank you for joining us.

PK

TOMINCT

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
 Tominct here. I never knew this forum existed, must be one of the better kept secrets!

Some Ct IT's have run successful LS presentations in the past, unfortunately many are no longer active. I'll see if a couple can get the story told in their locale, along with some of the newer folks in Ct.

The story is what has kept me involved, as there are few stories better that are true. SeanO was one of the early IT's who had a great understanding of what the telling the 3 strikes means to us all and had submitted a list of books worth reading. He is also a friend and mentor.

Pelon

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
Hello,
Pelon here in Matthews, NC.  I'm new red hat and excited to see how I can help promote LS and AS.  Let me know what I need to do.

Pelon