Author Topic: Present Yourself and be Recognized  (Read 12277 times)

L0ck3

• LS Story Teller
Re: Present Yourself and be Recognized
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »
Hello All.  I am L0ck3. Trained A.S. in socal and moved to Carolinas in '12. I will be delivering an LS to cub scouts in Asheville, NC next month. I am building my program to include some specific quotes that the parents (dads or moms) could read aloud to help give some depth to the three strikes. Does anyone have any favourite quotes that you think this young crowd would connect to in this format (i.e. parents reading a "script")? I am going to follow an opening and storyline as suggested by Mac66 following the strikes from the POV of Jonathan Harrington or Billy Diamond. 

fisherdawg

• Master Story Teller
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
Hi I'm Wally Thomas up in Eagle River, Alaska.
I like the words of Dr. Joseph Warren:
"that it is an indispensible duty that we owe to our God, our country, ourselves and our Posterity to use every lawful way and means in our power to preserve, maintain and defend those civil and religious liberties and rights for which many of our fathers fought, bled, and died; and to hand them down entire to future generations."

ThePoet

• LS State Coord.
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »
I'm a new IIT from Charlotte.  I'm here to help in any way I can. 

Phil

fisherdawg

• Master Story Teller
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
I'm a new IIT from Charlotte.  I'm here to help in any way I can. 

Phil

1. Start learning the History -- look at Fred's Guideposts, PHenry's Strikes, DonD's Sample History in the manual, read Paul Revere's Ride. You can begin with Dangerous Old Man & Young Women as they are 'smaller bites.'
2. While you doing the above, make a list of every possible venue where a LibertySeed might be held.  Gather contact information at every opportunity.
3. Help your nearest Shoot Boss or Liberty Seed coordinator book these venues and promote attendance.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
In one sense that's all there is to it.
If you ever need any help, PM me.
fisherdawg
 ;D

asminuteman

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »
Bezon, (shawnee for hello-pronounced bay/zone)

Greetings and Salutations, good people
My name although unimportant in this endeaver is Kenneth (asminutemen).
I have been sitting at this very campfire for, going on 9 years now.

Who I am,  (can I just type "alphabet soup behind name")
-Registered Living Historian with the National Park Service
-Member of: 11th Virginia Regiment (Morgan's Riflemen /pvt)
                    honorary 6th Pa Regiment
-SAR (Son of thee American Revolution) member
Parades, honor guard duty...heads of state presentations (vetted by Secret service)
-yada
-yada
Let's just say, I know my history and talk in front of groups offen

thee "firearms portion".... is also an alphabet soup......so I digress

I can say I am dismayed and saddened by thee confused speakers on thee main AS site.
HOW CAN THAT BE you ask?.......have you read thee history related threads leading up to patroit day?......they do not know their history..."correctly", nay, have not ever done any serious research......they read , yes.... yet do to lack of educational foundation, interpt with a 20th century mindset....hence incorrect thought process

Together, we can bring thee quaility of thee history presentations from AS, back to thee highest of standards, just as in thee begining of thee program
I hope to be of help... I know many of you, and look forward to shaking more of your hands in thee future.

Your most humble and obedent servant *cough*...(always hurts to type that)
-k
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine
I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past.~ Thomas Paine

asminuteman

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 09:44:24 PM »
by thee way this magic pixie box,
has an aura of evilness,  hence black magic!..... it steals all tiny paintings I try to add, either as avatars, or attachments.......
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine
I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past.~ Thomas Paine

fisherdawg

• Master Story Teller
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »
Hello,
Wally 'fisherdawg' Thomas up here in Anchorage / Eagle River / Chugiak, Alaska
I'm a Shoot Boss.

Here are some of my ideals on Liberty:

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." Pubilius (James Madison in the Federalist Papers)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

"That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations."  (Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren)

“Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." (Patrick Henry)

“The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government.”  (Francis Grund 1837)

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue.”  (Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923, 926 (2002))

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." (Samuel Adams)

“Our country is in danger, but not to be despaired of. Our enemies are numerous and powerful; but we have many friends, determining to be free, and heaven and earth will aid the resolution. On you depend the fortunes of America. You are to decide the important question, on which rest the happiness and liberty of millions yet unborn. Act worthy of yourselves.” (Dr. Joseph Warren March 5, 1775)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:18:15 PM by fisherdawg »

Mutti

• LS Story Teller
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »
Hello - Sharon Sabo (mutti) SB in Southern Illinois. See I have much to learn.

Participation in Appleseed/LibertySeed based on the belief that the obligation to pass on a future that has more Freedom to our Children and all those whom I meet is my duty.

Looks like I have some reading / catching up to do.